N7: Netflow Interface names?
Stefan Hofem
2014-04-22 07:31:45 UTC

is there an option similar to the Cisco "ip flow-export interface-names" command to add the interface-names to the flows?

Netflow-exporter is an old N7 (07.41.03)?

Regards
Stefan Hofem
---
To unsubscribe from enterasys, send email to ***@unc.edu with the body: unsubscribe enterasys gneu-***@gmane.org
John Kaftan
2014-04-22 13:24:26 UTC
I am looking for a way to include interface names with alerts. When I get
an alert from an interface going down on an S4 I would like the port alias
included so I know what it is. So far I have added the $alarmSubcomponent
to the body of my alert but that hasn't worked. Does anyone have this
working?

Thanks

Device: $deviceIp
Severity: $severity
Message: $message
Other Info: $alarmSubcomponent
Hi,
set netflow export-data enable mac or vlan
Regards,
Matthias Nees
--
John Kaftan
IT Infrastructure Manager

---
2014-04-22 15:18:06 UTC
I've done this by adding the following string:

Alias: $alarmSubcomponent

Derek Johnson | Data Communications Coordinator
FORT HAYS STATE UNIVERSITY
415 Lyman Dr. TH 101, Hays, KS 67601
(785) 628 - 5688 | ***@fhsu.edu

From: John Kaftan <***@utica.edu>
Date: 04/22/2014 08:24 AM
Subject: Re: [enterasys] N7: Netflow Interface names?

I am looking for a way to include interface names with alerts. When I get
an alert from an interface going down on an S4 I would like the port alias
included so I know what it is. So far I have added the $alarmSubcomponent
to the body of my alert but that hasn't worked. Does anyone have this
working?

Thanks

Device: $deviceIp
Severity: $severity
Message: $message
Other Info: $alarmSubcomponent

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Matthias Nees <***@bell.de> wrote:
Hi,

in recent N7 Firmware you can set this with:

John Kaftan